tiistai 9. helmikuuta 2010

Back in business

After 6 hours of relatively off-minded school, a four-hour nap, 1 hour of running and a bit of pilates I've figured out I need a new pillow, a new iPod, someone to download songs on it and I need to resuscitate my blog back to life. With nothing concrete to show for this day and no accomplishments (usually I consider it to be the work in a shoe store after school, now I feel helpless on an evening off) I decided I'd at least need to write down the million thoughts circling my head on the upcoming summer. Especially now that the Fashion Weeks aren't far away, I'm in a hurry to get the summer issues over with before the new beautiful images of A/W 10 occupy my relatively limited brain.

I have to say I'm thrilled about the upcoming season. Maybe it's the fact that it's cheaper and more simple (no need for million feuille) to pull off a cool outfit or then it might be the nudes, the sheer, the denim, the militaristic themes or the sailor style I love. Or simply the fact that you no longer need to cover your outfits with the same coats. No matter how nice your outfit, only the people who you're with inside will see it.

Oh, and high heels! After a colder than cold, slippery winter I can't wait to dig out my 200 pairs of heels.. Don't get me wrong, I love boots and I have my fair share of those as well, but I believe it's time to draw the attention to legs with shorts instead of thigh-highs. But I do feel the need for ballerinas for the upcoming season more than ever. I blame Alexa Chung for that. We'll see.

With the same school, same job and same no-time-for-life (believe me, which of I wouldn't want to change any) it is so energizing to see a change in the wardrobe. That is why, regardless of all I said now, I will be as excited to fuss about the A/W 10 as the time comes. It's good to be back.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti