tiistai 23. helmikuuta 2010

Joining the army

When we were kids, I believe me and my two sisters, always very girly girls, all said that we'd join the army when we grew up. It caught the attention of the boys and/or made us seem tough. Talk is cheap so now after ten years I'm finally ready to join in. In skinny cargo pants from Zara and a military jacket yet unknown but to be bought. Olive green of course. This is a color I thought I'd never experiment, but as fashion front calls, I'm ready to take action and as a stylist, send some of my own troops in as well. The bravest will follow the lead of Balmain and go all-over military, the others can take it down a notch and mix the trend with something neutral. I'm also loving the "battle-torn" t-shirts and leather seen at Balmain. Yes, I know, where's the femininity that I bantered about last week.. It's in the silhouettes and in the materials and cuts. Cargo pants aren't baggy, they're skinny. The leather as a material has a sexy vibe. The torn t-shirts aren't trashy, but a way to show some flesh. But it's edgy and it's tough. And a way to flaunt your tan (olive is a good color if you're tanned and the peek-a-boo t-shirts reveal more). So if just talk will get the boys' attention I wonder what this will do...

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti